Chickens are a thing.
This is a breakdown of Winterfire 2015 for me. This year was especially interesting.
The Hard Stuff
- A lot of people acknowledged my partner, M0co, but not me, as an instructor at WF. Occasionally I would get dismissed so that the "teacher" could show them how to do a tie.
- I had a pretty bad anxiety Friday night, the first night of play. The anxiety was so bad, I had to leave for 30 minutes to be by myself.
- I didn't get to spend much time with a couple of my super close friends/partners. I had really planned on it because I haven't been super supportive the past few months and I wanted to show them I still do care.
- I didn't get to play with everyone I had hoped to play with- in some cases, I never even had the guts to ask.
- This was my first time at a play party bottoming to other people who aren't M0co, so I dealt with a few feelings of guilt, like I had cheated.
- I didn't eat well. Not eating well makes me cranky.
- I didn't sleep well. Not sleeping well makes me ultra cranky.
The Good Stuff
- I had so many people congratulate me on my marriage and it felt so good to hear it and see people say it with a smile on their faces.
- I wore my wedding dress to the Kraken's Ball and the moment M0co saw me, he ran over, scooped me up, kissed me and told me I was beautiful.
- The play dates in which I bottomed were amazing. The tops were wonderful and I would totally do it again.
- I had a play date in which there was no rope. It was nice to not be seen as just 'that rope bottom'.
- I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from our classes.
- I did get to do my traditional date with my girlcrush :) and she was amazing.
- I had my sadistic mojo back when I played with a friend. It made me want to go back to topping more.
- When people asked to play and I said no, no one pressed it or questioned it. It was nice to feel respected.
- ALL THE TEA!