This blog contains, but isn't limited to, graphic sexual horror, BDSM, sex, robots, science, food, rock climbing, bouldering, politics and general bric-a-brac. Not suitable for children under 18. Honestly, probably not suitable for most humans.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Art and General Bric-a-Brac

(Not going to lie, I just wanted to use the term 'bric-a-brac' because I haven't done so in a while)

The BGSC (Baltimore Guerrilla Suspension Crew for those of you who haven't been paying attention) did a pretty epic photoshoot a few weeks ago.  It's probably been in the works for almost a year when Sir Ron C. sent Daddy a media text of this epic hand rising out of the sand with three simple words following- "Next BGSC hit?"  Daddy then sent me on an whirlwind internet search to discover everything I could about this mysterious Hand.

It turns out that it's part of 'The Awakening', an artistic installation at the National Harbor.  It was originally somewhere else and was moved once The National Harbor was created, although I'm not too sure why.  The entire installation is actually an entire 'man' rising from the ground, a bit reminiscent of a giant titan or god arising from...I guess the ground still. It's very Clash of The Titans-y.  Or Games of Thrones-y.  Because of that feel, we decided to forego the gasmasks and head in a different direction: togas.

We pulled the hit off really early in the morning in hopes of beating the elderly morning speed walkers.  Luckily (and unfortunately) it had rained heavily right before the shoot, so there wasn't many people out, except for the few workers setting up for some event going on there later that afternoon, who were probably too sleepy to even really notice us.  The shoot went off with relatively no issues and we got some pretty awesome photos from the shoot  (these were taken and edited by Hamsandwich)



The top photo has gotten pretty popular and we've gotten a lot of requests for prints.  I'm thinking that we might want to donate one for a fundraiser we're planning in September.  You know how Daddy loves his fundraisers.  

I've been spending my last few weeks of freedom being extraordinarily lazy. I think the lazy lifestyle suits me :) I look healthier with a tan, I eat better and am way less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment